AAC Board of Directors – June 2016 Meeting Highlights (unofficial)
Here are the highlights of the AAC Board meeting held on Thursday, June 16, 2016. Full motions will be published on the AAC web site (Members section) once the minutes are approved and the motions are translated.
- The Board accepts the National Steering’s Committee recommendation to amend the bid process for Regionals or Nationals. Bids will now be accepted as early as 48 months, reviews and processing can be completed between 39-36 months before proposed events.
- The Equipment Committee has been asked to review the specifications for the broad jump.
- AAC National Agility Team Manager position for the 2017 Team has been awarded to Seanna O’Neill.
- The following SRC recommendation was accepted and will be effective January 1, 2017.
For all regular events using e-timing, the finish obstacle be defined as the finish line. Crossing the plane of the last obstacle will not be judged as a non-completion but as a refusal (5 fault penalty) IF the dog is brought back to complete the finish obstacle. If the dog is not brought back, the non-completion fault would be in effect. If the dog, while being brought back to complete the finish obstacle, takes it backwards - it will be judged as a "non-completion" penalty. Having stopped the time by doing so, all further judging will cease
- Applications to join the 2017 AAC National Agility Team must be received by July 6, 2016. Information and Forms are located at: http://aacnationalteam.org/team-selection-criteria/
To obtain a copy of the AAC Board minutes (in English or French, once approved), email Jennifer Laird at email@example.com.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, July 21.