BoD Meeting Thursday, July 16, 2016
Here are the highlights of the AAC Board meeting held on Thursday, July 21, 2016. Full motions will be published on the AAC website (Members section) once the minutes are approved and the motions are translated.
- The Board reminds all AAC competitors of the many benefits of becoming a member:Membership
- The new AAC database and web site is completing its testing phase. Stay tuned for more info!
- There were a large number of applicants for the 2017 AAC National Team, which will compete at the IFCS World Agility Championship in Valencia, Spain, in April 2017. Many of the applicants were trying for a National Team for the first time.
Seanna Oâ€™Neill has accepted the Team Manager role for 2016-2017, with Johanna Soto having accepted the Team Assistant Role.
See National Team Org.
- The following Regional bids have been approved by the National Steering Committee and the Board:
- Alberta/NWT 2017 Regionals, June 23-25 2017 in Camrose, AB, hosted by Dynamo Dogsports;
- BC/Yukon 2017 Regionals, June 9-11, 2017, in Langley BC, hosted by the BC Yukon Regional Committee;
- Ontario West 2017 Regionals, May 26-28, 2017, in Barrie, ON, hosted by Red Barn Event Centre;
- Saskatchewan/Manitoba/Nunavut 2017 Regionals, May 20-21 2017, in Prince Albert, SK, hosted by Standsure Agility.
The Ontario East 2017 Regionals site location has been revised. Absolute Agility was pleased to advise that the site for June 2-3, 2017 will be
Centennial Park, Harrowsmith, ON;
- Alberta/NWT 2017 Regionals, June 15-17 2018 in Red Deer, AB, hosted by Dynamo Dogsports;
- The 2016 National Team financials were reviewed.
- The Safety Committee is investigating two injury reports (one involving the tire, one. related to a cut from a metal jump cup).
- The Board continues to review a number of topics, including:
- Judges Attire
- AAC Forms and documentation updates
- Dog measurement categories;
- Course times for very small dogs;
- Various equipment-related topics;
- Membership questions
Congratulations to everyone who participated (competitors, volunteers, organizers) in the 2016 AAC Nationals in Montreal!
The nomination period for the 2016 AAC elections is now open:
AAC Election 2016
To obtain a copy of the AAC Board minutes (in English or French, once approved), email Jennifer Laird at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, August 18.
Rhéal Nadeau, Communications Officer